Munich's Hidden Gem: Maria Platzl's Unbelievable Secrets!

Marias Platzl Germany

Marias Platzl Germany

Munich's Hidden Gem: Maria Platzl's Unbelievable Secrets!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Maria Platzl's Unbelievable Secrets! This isn't your cookie-cutter Munich hotel review. This is the real, messy, sometimes confusing, but ultimately amazing experience. I’m talking about the kind of place that makes you want to book a return trip before you even check out. Because, trust me, you'll be reeling to get back. Let's get this review messy, raw, and honest, shall we?

First Impressions: Accessibility, and (The Good) Internet!

Okay, so, I’m not gonna lie, I was a little worried about Maria Platzl. Sometimes these "hidden gem" things turn out to be hidden behind a mountain of logistical headaches. Accessibility is key for me, and I'm happy to report they’re doing a good job. They've got facilities for disabled guests, and the online info says they’re wheelchair accessible, but honestly, call ahead and double-check what specific services are available. They seem to try, it’s Munich, a bit of a maze to maneuver.

Now, the good stuff that's super important to me. Internet. We need to talk about the Internet. Listen, I work remotely, so decent internet is non-negotiable. Maria Platzl gets it. They shout about “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” and, bless them, it actually works. I mean, seriously. I could actually stream Netflix without the buffering, which is a small miracle in some places. They also offer Internet [LAN] which is a plus if you want to bring your own cables and be extra safe. Wi-Fi in public areas is also a thing. Internet services? Yep, those too. Let's just say, the Internet connection was a lifesaver when I needed to urgently video call my boss.

Safety and Cleanliness – Breathing Easy (Especially in These Times)

Alright, crucial stuff: Cleanliness and safety. They’re taking the current situation seriously, which is a huge relief. I noticed Anti-viral cleaning products being used, which is a relief! They have things like Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer readily available, and staff wear masks properly – a big thumbs up. They also have the “standard stuff” like First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, and Smoke alarms in the rooms. They've got Staff trained in safety protocol. They've got Daily disinfection in common areas, which you appreciate. But what really impressed me was the Room sanitization opt-out available. I mean, they’re asking you if you want it? That's brilliant. Feels like they give you options. Room sanitized between stays? Yes, indeed. So, basically, you can feel safe and the staff seems up on the latest protocols.

Room Review: Comforts and Quirks

Let's go into the Available in all rooms section:

  • Air conditioning? Check. Thank god, because Munich can get hot.
  • Alarm clock? Yep, if you like those, I prefer my phone.
  • Bathrobes? Comfort!
  • Bathtub? Mine had a great one, perfect for soaking.
  • Blackout curtains? Sleep like a baby!
  • Coffee/tea maker? Standard. And a lifesaver for a lazy morning.
  • Free bottled water? Bonus!
  • Hair dryer? Absolutely.
  • In-room safe box? Gotta protect those valuables.
  • Internet access – wireless? We’ve discussed that magic.
  • Mini bar? A must always, although I did not use it, but it was there.
  • Non-smoking? Yes mostly, which is great.
  • Private bathroom? Duh.
  • Refrigerator? Perfect.
  • Seating area? Mine was nice and comfy – perfect for lounging.
  • Shower? Good water pressure.
  • Slippers? Yes, little things that have a hug impact.
  • Soundproofing? Very important, the rooms are very comfy and not as noisy as one may expect.
  • Telephone? Yes, but thankfully, my phone works much better!
  • Towels? Fluffy and plentiful.
  • Wake-up service? If you don’t trust your alarm.
  • Wi-Fi [free]? Gold.
  • Window that opens? To let in that crisp Bavarian air.

The room, my god, the room. The room was not just a place to sleep; it was a sanctuary. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration, but it was a genuinely comfortable space, a refuge from the city’s hustle. Some of the room features, like the Extra long bed, were a real treat. Let's not forget the Sofa, which was the perfect spot to curl up with a book. The Desk was functional for working, and that's where the Laptop workspace, alongside the Internet access – wireless, made me feel like I had a complete home.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - (Food, Glorious Food!)

Alright, let's talk food because, well, I love food. Maria Platzl has a pretty solid offering. Breakfast [buffet] is available. I’m talking classic Bavarian spread, plus some international goodies. They do have Asian breakfast for those who are into it. I found a lovely Coffee shop at which I spent a good while just chilling, or trying to work – more on that! There’s also a Bar, a Poolside bar(more on that), and a Snack bar. Breakfast service is on point. If you a fan of Coffee/tea in restaurant, and a Desserts in restaurant, then you are in for a treat. They also offer Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant and if you are lucky enough you can enjoy an A la carte in restaurant experience.

The Spa Scene: Pure Bliss

Okay, listen up, because this is where Maria Platzl really shines. The Spa is… divine. They have a Pool with view. Seriously, the view from that pool is worth the price of admission alone! I'm not much for spa treatments, but I did treat myself to a Massage. And let me tell you, it was one of the best massages ever. The therapist was amazing, and I walked out feeling like a new woman. They also have a Sauna, a Steamroom, a Foot bath, and a Body wrap. It's a perfect spot to relax and to be honest, maybe the best part of the experience.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax (And Maybe Get Some Work Done):

So, you're in Munich, right? Sightseeing is a must. But Maria Platzl is also about chill. Things to do are plentiful, it's not necessarily just about sightseeing. You can find a Gym/fitness. And if you like the idea a lazy afternoon there is a Swimming pool [outdoor]. Then there is the aforementioned spa section where you can find a Spa/sauna. They have a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness, if you are so inclined. I, for one, tried the Pool with view, and I can confirm it is a great way of relaxing. Oh, and did I mention the Terrace? Perfect for some quiet time with a book and a beer.

Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier

They’ve got a bunch of stuff to make your life easier. I appreciated the Concierge service; they were super helpful with recommendations. Daily housekeeping? Appreciable. They do have facilities for disabled guests and elevator, which is great. Plus, Cash withdrawal is available which is convenient. They also offer Laundry service and Dry cleaning, which are lifesavers. Luggage storage is also a thing.

The Quirks and the Imperfections

Okay, let's get real. No place is perfect. The Happy hour could have been longer. The Room service [24-hour] wasn’t always the speediest, but hey, I’m on vacation, and I wasn’t in a hurry!

For the Kids and Couples:

Family/child friendly? Yes, they do have Babysitting service and Kids meal. Couple's room? Yes, absolutely, if you are lucky enough to find one available.

Getting Around:

They do provide an Airport transfer, useful! They also have a Car park [free of charge], which is awesome in car-crazy Munich. They a have Taxi service if you require.

Maria Platzl's Unbelievable Secrets! - The Verdict

Is Maria Platzl a "hidden gem?" Absolutely, YES! It's a place that balances comfort, convenience, and a touch of luxury. If you're looking for a place to escape the ordinary,

HELLO KITTY Fun House: 5 Minutes of Pure Kawaii in Mid Valley!

Book Now

Marias Platzl Germany

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into my utterly chaotic, and hopefully glorious, trip to Marias Platzl in Germany. Just the name “Marias Platzl” already sounds like something out of a fairytale, right? Let’s hope the reality lives up to the hype, or this whole thing is gonna be a disaster.

Day 1: Munich Mayhem & the Bavarian Breeze (and a Burger Mishap)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Ugh. Let’s just say the time change from whatever distant land I currently reside in hit me like a brick of… sleep deprivation. Coffee. MUST. HAVE. COFFEE. Seriously, I think my brain cells are currently hibernating.
  • 8:00 AM: Flight from… (shhh, it doesn't matter). Delayed. Naturally. Beginning the trip with an immediate dose of existential dread, all thanks to some nameless airline.
  • 12:00 PM: Finally, Munich! The air is crisp, the architecture is… well, it's all so PRETTY. Honestly, my jaw actually dropped when I saw the Neues Rathaus. I swear, people take their buildings seriously here!
  • 1:00 PM: Checked into the hotel. It seemed charming in pictures, but in person? Tiny. Like, I'm pretty sure I could touch both walls at the same time if I tried. My luggage barely fits. Oh well.
  • 1:30 PM: Lunch. Found a place near the Marienplatz, lured by the scent of… well I was craving something familiar, so I opted for a burger. Big mistake. It was, without a doubt, the most… German burger I've ever encountered. The bun was dense and dry, the patty was… well, let's just say it wasn't exactly juicy. I'm still not sure why, but the cheese tasted like… I don’t even know how to describe it - something alien. I left half. I think I hurt the chef’s feelings. Awkward.
  • 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Marienplatz Exploration. Okay, okay, this is where things got GOOD. Glockenspiel! (It's a mechanical show with moving figures.) That was pure, unadulterated, childlike GLEE. I stood there completely mesmerized, craning my neck along with the crowd. It's the sort of thing that makes you feel like you’re in a movie, and it was the perfect way to shake off the travel woes. The sheer energy of the place! People bustling, chatter in languages I don’t understand, and the general feeling of happy chaos. Loved it.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Stroll through the Viktualienmarkt. Food, Glorious Food. Seriously, I may have gone a little overboard here. Pretzels (with the good, coarse salt, obvi), sausages (which were infinitely better than the burger), and what appeared to be about 10 different types of cheese. My stomach is currently a happy, bloated, Bavarian beast.
  • 7:00 PM: Okay, this is where things get a little… unorganized. I planned to go to a traditional beer garden, but I got sidetracked by a street musician playing a jaunty tune on something that vaguely resembled a lute (?). I ended up just… wandering, letting the cobblestone streets lead me wherever they wanted. (I had a couple of beers though, and I found myself laughing a lot.)
  • 9:00 PM: Exhausted. Dinner was a blur of… something. Probably delicious. I can’t remember. Sleep. Now.

Day 2: The Deep Dive into Beer, Beauty, and a Bit of Bayern Angst

  • 9:00 AM: Oops. Slept in! The aforementioned "couple of beers" from last night probably contributed. At least I woke up smiling, which is more than I could say on the plane.
  • 10:00 AM: Breakfast at a cute little cafe near the hotel. Croissant. Coffee. Repeat. Fueling up for a day that promises to be even more chaotic than the last.
  • 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: The Hofbräuhaus. Oh. My. God. The Hofbräuhaus. This is it, folks. The heart, the soul, the beer-soaked belly of Munich. I mean, it’s a tourist trap, absolutely. But a glorious tourist trap. I’ve never seen so many Lederhosen in one place. The music? Upbeat and loud, like a polka-fueled earthquake. The beer? Cold and glorious and abundant. And the atmosphere… pure, unadulterated, Bavarian joy. I’m telling you, I felt instantly like I was part of something bigger. I even attempted a little German, (mostly just ordering beer), which was met with enthusiastic nods and laughter. (Maybe they just felt sorry for me). This is the experience that I doubled down on and will probably be the highlight of my trip.
    • Okay, so here’s a confession… I may have indulged a bit too much. I’m pretty sure I attempted to sing along to a song, and my high notes… well, they were… unique. I also may or may not have spilled beer on an unsuspecting gentleman. (Apologies!). In my, ahem, tipsy haze, I started to think about stuff- stuff like how lucky I was to be in a place like this, feeling connected to a culture that wasn't mine, and enjoying a life that was full of… stuff.
  • 2:00 PM: Post-Hofbräuhaus existential crisis. Stepping outside of the brewery, I went and sat in the park, pondering all of life's great mysteries. (Okay, maybe just the mystery of why my head felt like it was bouncing around inside my skull.)
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: A more sober walk through English Garden. Pure bliss. The sun was shining, the air was fresh, and the sheer scale of the park is astonishing. Watching people surf the Eisbach wave (yes, really!) was awe-inspiring, and I swear I even saw a squirrel that looked like it was judging my life choices. (Maybe the beer got the better of me, again).
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Found a tiny, family-run restaurant. The food was simple, hearty, and home-style (thank GOD. I’m still recovering from that burger). The service was warm, and I felt strangely comforted by the normalcy of it all.
  • 7:00 PM: Attempted to do some souvenir shopping. Failed miserably. Wandered aimlessly amongst the shops, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of… stuff. Ended up buying a postcard of a cat wearing a lederhosen. Don't ask.
  • 9:00 PM: Collapse into bed, utterly defeated. Another day has passed, and I’ve survived (barely).

Day 3: Castles, Trains, and the Lingering Taste of Adventure

  • 8:00 AM: Up early! (Sort of). Today is all about escaping Munich for a little while and seeing something NEW! Neuschwanstein Castle, here I come! I'm slightly terrified of the train, but I'll persevere.
  • 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The train to Füssen. Smooth sailing, for the most part! I actually managed to sleep for a bit. I made the mistake of looking at the scenery when I woke up. The picture-perfect fields, the snow-capped mountains in the distance… the whole thing felt like living inside a postcard.
  • 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Reached the castle. Holy Wow. Neuschwanstein. It's like, straight out of a fairy tale. Seriously, this place is ridiculously beautiful. Took about a million photos - because, let's be honest, you HAVE to. The crowds were intense (this is a tourist hot spot, after all), but the sheer majesty of the castle almost made up for it. I wandered around, feeling like a princess, or maybe a Disney villain.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Castle interior. The inside was almost as spectacular as the outside. Lavish, opulent, and a little bit… over the top, but in the best possible way. Ludwig II was clearly a man of… extravagant tastes. I imagined what it would be like to live in a place like that, and I think I decided I'd be a bit too stressed. I got a little lost, and had a minor panic attack at one point – the sheer number of tourists, the winding staircases… all a bit much. But I survived!
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Back to Munich by train. The journey back? Exhausting, but also strangely peaceful. I stared out the window, reflecting on the trip so far.
  • 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Back in Munich! I spent the evening wandering around an area unknown to me.
Unbelievable Zostel Gangtok: Your Epic Himalayan Adventure Awaits!

Book Now

Marias Platzl Germany

Maria Platzl's Unbelievable Secrets: You Won't BELIEVE This Place! (Probably... Maybe...)

What *IS* Maria Platzl, anyway? I keep hearing murmurs...

Okay, so first things first, forget everything your perfectly-organized itinerary tells you. Maria Platzl? It's a rabbit hole. A glorious, beer-soaked rabbit hole right in the heart of Munich. Picture this: a traditional Bavarian guesthouse, a *hotel* even, but one that's been around *forever*. We're talking cobblestone streets, flower boxes overflowing, and... well, let's just say it's drenched in history. Seriously, go wander around and ask people. They'll probably tell you something wildly different from what I will. Probably.

Is it touristy? Are we talking hordes of camera-wielding visitors?

Alright, here's the deal. It gets *some* tourists. But the beauty of Maria Platzl is that it's not, like, Times Square level crowded. You get the *sense* of authentic Munich life, you feel the genuine atmosphere instead of being bombarded by souvenir shops and overpriced pretzels (though, let's be honest, I've definitely eaten a pretzel there... or five). I feel like the tourists have a much more relaxed mood here.

Okay, so what's with the secrets? What's the BIIIG deal? Spill the beans!

Okay, here's where it gets... messy. Because the "secret" is less one single thing and more... a feeling. It's the way the light catches the antique furniture in the lobby. It's the *sound* of the laughter coming from the beer garden that spills out into the evening. It's the slightly grumpy but ultimately warm-hearted staff who, honestly, look like they've lived there forever (in a good way!).
One specific memory? I was there with a friend, feeling a little lost, a little homesick. And the bartender, this older guy with a handlebar mustache, saw me staring into my Maß. He just... handed me a shot of something herbal. "For the soul," he grumbled. Didn't say another word. Best damn shot I've *ever* had. Totally unexpected. Totally Maria Platzl. It feels incredibly personal even if no one is singling you out.

Accommodation? Is it fancy? Budget-friendly? (I'm a broke traveler!)

"Fancy"? Ha! No. "Budget-friendly"? It's... relative. It's not a hostel, that's for sure. The rooms are generally charming, some are a little dated (which I actually *love*), and some are just... cozy. Think "rustic charm" rather than "luxury suite." I've got a better memory in mind. I stayed in a room once that *definitely* creaked at every step. At first, I was annoyed. Then, I realized... it was part of the *experience*! And honestly, the location is worth it. You're right in the thick of things! I would recommend checking the prices on booking websites.

The food! Is it good? Is it authentic? (My stomach is rumbling...)

Oh, the food. Prepare yourself. Expect *Bavarian* food. Heavy, hearty Bavarian food. Think sausages, schnitzel, pretzels (again!), and beer. Lots and lots of beer. Is it the *best* food in Munich? Maybe not. But it's good. It's filling. And it fits the vibe perfectly. The restaurant in the Platzl feels straight out of an old movie. The kind of food that stick to your ribs and keep you fueled up until you're ready to collapse in a beer-induced stupor.

Maria Platzl... the downsides? What's the catch?

Okay, honesty time. It's not perfect. The rooms might be a little noisy sometimes, especially if there's a party going on in the beer garden (which, let's be honest, is almost always). And the WiFi? Let's just say it's "rustic" like the rooms. It can be a little pricier than other options around town (but the location is killer!).
And sometimes the service can be a *little* slow. But honestly? That's part of the charm. It's not a place where you're rushed. You're meant to slow down, savor, enjoy the moment. And if you can't handle a little wait, maybe you should stick to the tourist traps.

The beer garden! Spill the tea, is it worth it?

The beer garden? OH, YES. It's a mandatory experience if you're there during the warmer months. Imagine this: long wooden tables, the scent of grilled sausages wafting through the air, happy people clinking glasses, and the *sound* of laughter bouncing off the old buildings. It's the quintessential Bavarian experience. You're not just drinking beer, you're *living* the Munich dream. Get there early to grab a table! And don't be afraid to share with strangers. That's how you make friends.

What else is there to do there? Apart from eating, drinking and being merry?

Well, you're right next to the Marienplatz (duh!), so the Glockenspiel show is right there. However there are plenty of other things. You can just stroll around, explore the tucked-away alleys. I'd also recommend seeking out the Residenz, the former royal palace – it's a short and beautiful walk away... and a total contrast to the Platzl's rustic charm.

How much time should I spend there? Overnight? Just an hour?

Definitely, overnight! Even if you're just there for the beer garden, you're going to want to linger. Ideally, book a room and hunker down. Then, you can have a nice, relaxing breakfast the next morning! However, the best answer is however long you can spare. You go there, and you kind of... lose track of time. You get lost in the atmosphere. I've lost entire afternoons there, and it was *glorious*.
The *real* secret of Maria Platzl? It's a place where time seems to slow down.

Would you recommend Maria Platzl?